Introducing the rapid prototyping for ODM battery packs
|Applications||In-Vehicle System||Electric Farm Equipment||Small Cordless|
|Other examples: Communication robots, power supply for waterproof outdoor tools,
backup power supply for testing device, etc.|
The 18650 type is the most mass-produced battery cell. It has the least fluctuation in quality and the highest reliability and safety.
This is the optimal solution offering a cost-effective and highly reliable battery pack for standardized specification requirements.
- The quality and performance of battery packs are greatly influenced by the design capabilities.
Unless you have the right design concept and adequate battery control technology, even if you use the same 18650 type cells, the battery pack cannot demonstrates the performance expected by customers.
Our mission is to incorporate various elements such as the temperature inside the battery pack and the usage environment into the design requirements in advance, select the optimal cell to achieve the requirement, and design and provide the optimal battery pack that maximizes the cell performance.
- Based on our abundant experiences, we have created a “development platform that enable us to meet various requirements”, and by utilizing that platform, we provide top quality product in the shortest timeframe.
- Also, for customers who consider developing laminated battery pack as a platform, realistic approach is to develop 18650-based battery packs with similar performance requirements in a short time, then switching to laminate battery pack technology after resolving problems. That would reduce the risk in product planning.
|Applications||Mobile Robot||AGV・UGV||Industrial Drone|
|Key Features||Long life design||Regenerative power||Max 100A output|
|Other examples: Power source for industrial robots, small electric vehicles, work support suits, engine starters, etc.|
As laminated batteries have a high degree of freedom in the performance requirements and selecting shapes, it gives us a high degree of freedom in the design of the final battery system.
The ability to realize cutting-edge systems that required by customers would be expanded dramatically.
This is the optimal solution for realizing regenerative charging, weight reduction, and high energy density.
- We select and evaluate battery cells that meet the customer’s requirements such as size and rate characteristics, and provide the optimum pack.Note: We are happy to discuss the pack development using the battery cells selected by the customer.
- Advanced process and control technology are required for multi-series and multi-parallel arrangement.
Being as a laminate cell developer, we possess such special technologies and are capable of providing high-quality packs that resolve problems.
- The laminated cell is expected to dramatically improve cell performance in the future. The optimal approach is to adopt laminated cells as a solution to challenge pack performance limitations while maintaining reliability.
Introducing the Rapid Prototyping for laminate battery cells
high-rate laminate standard
cells (large & small)
We offer 3 Plus 1 base models suitable for our rapid prototyping:
- High charge/discharge base model (2-20 Ah)Ultra-rapid recharge/discharge at 1000A (50C) or more
- Low-temperature base model (2-20 Ah)Ultra-rapid recharge/discharge at 100A (5C) in low-temperature environment of -20°C
- High-temperature base model (2-20 Ah)Ultra A-class rapid recharge/discharge at 1000A (50C) in high-temperature environment of 80°C
- Plus 1: Capacity-compliant base model (4-40 Ah)Model with good balance between 200 A (5C) input/output and capacity
The base models are in-house manufactured laminated cells. Based on the diverse characteristics data accumulated by ENAX, we expeditiously provide proposals and prototyping to meet our customers’ requirements.
These products can be customized in series-parallel connection numbers and optimized from the cell performance specifications based on customers’ needs.
- Able to provide smaller and more lightweight systems fulfilling high capacity, high output, high heat discharge and great safety requirements.
- Customizable width, height, and thickness to fit into the required devices with a high degree of freedom
- Capacity ： 4kWh
- Voltage ： 1000V
- Current ： 800A(Instantaneous maximum 800kW input/output)
- Vibration-resistant, shock-resistant, UN38.3 compliant
- Capacity ： 40Wh
- Voltage ： 9.6V
- Current ： 50A (Instantaneous maximum 480W input/output)
- Low to high temperatures, UN38.3 compliant
- Thin battery pack, 55 mm thick or less, taking advantage of laminate characteristics Capable to be fitted into 1U (44 mm)
Being as an entitled cell developer and manufacturer, ENAX has full understandings of cell characteristics and rich experiences in realizing breakthrough for challenges with our pack development technologies.
We are capable to provide high quality special-purpose battery packs in variety of sizes for diverse applications, offered in short delivery timeframes.
- Able to provide in special sizes such as non-standard width and length
- Able to develop battery packs with multi-series, multi-parallel arrangement based on customer’s needs
- Achieves fine control by outputting the battery status to external equipment